1. I will likely live to 10 to 15 years, remember this when you brought me home.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Train me – I love spending time with you and showing you what I can do.
4. Place your trust in me – I will try my hardest to perform what you have taught me.
5. Do not be angry at me for long and do not lock me up for hours as a punishment.
6. You have your work, your social life and your friends. I only have you and any entertainment happens because of you.
7. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand the tone of your voice when it is speaking to me.
8. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget.
9. Before you tell me off for being uncooperative, stubborn, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I don’t feel well, perhaps I don’t understand or I maybe hungry or thirsty.
10. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old. Be patient with me when I make mistakes and go with me when it is time to say goodbye. Don’t say “I cannot bear to watch”. I will be frightened if you are not there to kiss me on my head and say goodbye forever.
I look forward to meeting you and working with your dogs.
Teaching Owners – Training Dogs. Happy dog training.
Isabelle Adams-Papé IMDT
Ringwood Dogs, Three Legged Cross on the Dorset, Hampshire and New Forest border.
Dog Training, Dog Day Care, Home Dog Boarding, Dog Walking